Gone are the days when a law firm can count on client work because the firm has for many years enjoyed an outstanding reputation or a senior partner in the firm has a social relationship with a key business leader or the firm has an organized, well-funded entertainment program for clients and prospective clients. Today, every piece of work is “in play,” and firms must aggressively pursue client relationships on a daily basis.
Successful business development in the new era requires an integrated, persistent effort on various levels. It must demand the attention and involvement of skilled personnel across the firm. At the same time, the program must be cost-effective.
Firm Transitions offers assistance in all phases of business development, including:
- Designing an overall program consistent with the Firm’s mission statement, strategic plan and available resources
- Developing and establishing a brand that accurately reflects the firm, communicates a positive image for the firm and differentiates the firm from competitors
- Developing specific business development plans with individual attorneys, teams of attorneys and, in some cases, the firm as a whole; then actively driving implementation of the plans
- Assisting attorneys in the utilization of all online tools necessary for successful business development (such as mobile apps, landing pages and websites, webinar and e-learning portals, and social media platforms)
- Assisting attorneys, teams and the firm develop formal presentations to secure new work
- Assisting account managers in developing and implementing programs to strengthen and expand existing client relationships
- Designing and implementing client review programs
- Providing tools to assist in implementing all phases of the firm’s program, including graphic design, Attylytics (a back-office program to monitor progress of program, manage client intake process, and store key information), AttyCards (a technology-based business card superior in many ways to the traditional card), and print and promotion products
The Firm Transitions team can provide any or all of these services to firms of all sizes. The first step is a free consultation to discuss the firm’s needs and plans. Contact us soon! We can help!